Today's work:
Squat
155 x 5
245 x 5
335 x 2
Burpees
10 OtM 5
(this is about 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off)
2015 YtD squat volume: 17,285 pounds
2015 YtD burpees: 170
2015 YtD pull ups: 41
2015 YtD Winchell's cinnamon crunch doughnuts: 2
 |
| Inny 10's |
I was pressed for time again. I did something today that I have done previously either when I had little time or I feared I might have been under-working. I just load the bar with 10 pound plates, then forget they're there and load the bar like I normally would with 45's. That's why my weights today were all 20 pounds heavier than usual.
It's not much, but it's something.
I love that strategy. It's fun to trick yourself into doing more, as long as you can forget you did it. Kind of like setting your watch ahead so you won't be late.
ReplyDeleteSomewhat yes. I do it as a trick when I feel like I need it, which is rare really, and then I also do it when I know time will limit me to a fixed number of sets and I want to get a little more work in than what I'd get with standard loading.
ReplyDelete